Website usage terms and conditions
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern our relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Kingsdown Conservation Group (KCG)’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and its content is copyright of KCG. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Acceptable use - the website Forum and “What’s-on” Calendar
Use of the Forum by members and use of the “What’s-on Calendar” by registered users is permitted and encouraged. However, members and users must ensure that they:
- comply with current legislation (see below for a “Summary of Relevant Legislation”)
- use the Forum and Calendar in an acceptable way (see below for “Unacceptable Behaviour”)
- do not create unnecessary risk to KCG by their misuse of the site
The following behaviour by members and users is considered unacceptable:
- use of KCG systems to set up or promote personal businesses or those of third parties or otherwise transmitting unsolicited commercial or advertising material other than to promote events only through use of the Calendar. Other than promoting events themselves the Calendar must not be used to promote other services or goods offered by the organisers of events or their friends, family or other contacts.
- distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
- post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by KCG
- posts that contain profanity will be deleted summarily
- distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment
- accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
- breaking into KCG’s or another organisation’s system or unauthorised use of a password/Forum/Calendar
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste KCG effort or networked resources
- introducing any form of computer virus or malware into the KCG resources
KCG accepts that the use of the Calendar and Forum are valuable tools. However, misuse of these facilities can have a negative impact upon KCG productivity and its reputation. In addition, the facilities are provided for KCG purposes. Therefore, KCG maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems.
In order to ensure compliance with these terms, KCG also reserves the right to use monitoring software in order to check upon the website use and content. Such monitoring is for legitimate purposes to protect the rights of KCG, members and the wider community.
Where it is believed that a user has failed to comply with these terms, KCG will attempt to clarify whether this might be the result of any misunderstanding. However, if it feels a user is deliberately and/or repeatedly misusing the website facilities KCG retains the right to remove a user’s content and/or username and password which will prevent the user from gaining access to website facilities.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by KCG, members and authorised users and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of KCG. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, KCG takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Summary of Relevant Legislation
Infringements of the civil or criminal law are subject to penalties including ﬁnes and imprisonment and KCG may refer such infringements for legal action. The following acts are relevant to computer use. The examples given below are intended as a guide and do not attempt to cover all eventualities.
Computer Misuse Act 1990
This act speciﬁes three offences:
Unauthorised access - Examples would include using another user’s username and password for any reason with or without their agreement; attempting to access another user’s ﬁles without their express permission; impersonation via e-mail, news, web or other service.
Unauthorised access with intent - Examples would include accessing ﬁnancial, administrative or user data without authorisation.
Unauthorised modification - Examples would include destroying another user’s ﬁles, creation or introduction of a virus, changing another’s Calendar/Forum entry or deliberately generating information to cause a system malfunction.
Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988
All software (including computer programs) accessible via the website is protected by copyright and therefore subject to restrictions on its use. Users must comply with the terms and conditions of software licence agreements and abide by policies for acceptable use. No unauthorised copying of software is permitted except as where expressly stated within the terms of the licence. Users must treat as privileged any information not provided or generated by themselves that may become available to them through their use of computing facilities; no part of such information may be copied, modiﬁed, disseminated or used without the permission of KCG.
Data Protection Act 1998
KCG and members in possession of personal data must comply with the eight Data Protection Principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. In summary these state that personal data shall:
- be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met;
- be obtained for specified and lawful purposes and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes;
- be accurate and kept up to date;
- not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes;
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction;
- not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has adequate levels of protection for personal data